Post the pandemic, the rise of digital has been nothing short of staggering. The pandemic has shown us that it is neither the fittest nor the fastest that survives. It is the most agile and the most responsive.
2021 was the year of digitalisation and 2022 will be the year of recalibrating talent to address the demand for niche skills and digitally adept employees.
Tech Mahindra has learnt from its own experiences during the pandemic. Its business continuity rollout enabled the enterprise to put 98% of its employees working from home in under two weeks since the start of the lockdown. This has been important in building an understanding of what customers want.
Tech Mahindra has put these learnings to use by building digital transformation services that impact every touchpoint: from digital strategy and design, digital consumer, intelligent operations, digital foundation, digital insights to future of enterprise.
With Tech Mahindra’s pervasive artificial intelligence approach, it is enabling enterprises to re-design, re-imagine, and re-invent themselves to deliver enhanced experiences to their customers. The world is moving towards a human-centred partnership model between people and artificial intelligence, to enhance cognitive performance, which includes learning, decision making, and innovating to deliver newer experiences.
Enabling digital transformation
Tech Mahindra is focussed on enabling digital transformation for its customers across the globe by providing relevant solutions powered by emerging technologies. In this, Tech Mahindra’s technology talent serves as a pillar of support.
Tech Mahindra continues to focus on skill-based hiring across emerging technologies including 5G, XDS, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud, Robotic Process Automation, Blockchain, Internet of Things, and Cyber Security, among others, to build a future-ready ecosystem. The learning and development practices at Tech Mahindra enable its resources to be fit for the future by transforming themselves into next generation of business ready associates.
Upskilling encompasses leadership, technical, functional, domain and role-based skilling programs. One such initiative is NAD – Learn, artificial intelligence-enabled platform. NAD -Learn fuels the entire software delivery conveyor with platforms for planning, contextual right skilling, design thinking, asset curation and reuse, monitoring and tracking, and a cloud-committed development arena.
NAD-Learn is an artificial intelligence-based platform powered by new age delivery engine to provide interactive, on-demand, contextual and hyper-personalised upskilling to employees in self-service mode. It uses artificial intelligence and natural language processing to understand an employee’s profile and job description to match skillsets.
NAD-Learn recommends learning courses, eliminates many manual processes and approvals, and empowers employees to self-learn, freeing up the bandwidth of learning staff.
In another area, Tech Mahindra has adopted its NXT.NOW strategy which aims to provide a seamless customer experience. NXT.NOW is enabling Tech Mahindra’s clients to experience the future of technology now and helping them win by imagining the future of their business, building the right solutions, and helping them run it to attain the right outcomes.
As part of the NXT.NOW framework, which aims to enhance human centric experience, Tech Mahindra focuses on investing in emerging technologies and solutions that enable digital transformation and meet the evolving needs of the customer.
5G for business
5G’s adoption has become critical for enterprises to achieve the next level of industrial automation and digital transformation that enable higher level of productivity and reduce operational complexity and costs. 5G ecosystem will unlock immense opportunities for industries across sectors to improve productivity and enhance customer experience through digitally powered new-age platforms and solutions.
A major chunk of contract signings is around either integrating or enabling 5G. This includes scaled adoption of cloud and driving greater intelligence into the network systems via analytics and artificial intelligence. Tech Mahindra recently designed, built, tested, and operated one of the world’s first 5G end-to-end cloud native platform for a tier-1 carrier in Japan. The platform enables hyper-personalisation and hyper-automation.
While digital transformation will not happen overnight, yet adoption of this technology will fast track NXT in cellular communication, thereby accelerating enterprises’ ability to deliver superior experiences.
Having said this, organisations all around the world are working on resolving these issues. Given the sheer size, scale, and scope of the opportunity that 5G will unlock, it is critical to join hands, industry, academia or government.
In a public remark, CP Gurnani, MD and CEO, Tech Mahindra has said, “5G will be the lighthouse that will guide us in navigating the uncharted waters of digital transformation and Industry 4.0. In this voyage, Tech Mahindra will be an eager partner for all CSPs that want to accelerate 5G adoption and re-imagine the enterprises’ journey to the future of connectivity.”
Tech Mahindra’s endeavour is to help customers gear up to this era of augmented intelligence and derive the greatest benefits from it.
Bright spots ahead
- Deep vertical cloud solutions
- Robust capability in product engineering
- Sustainability framework geared towards building enduring business
- Co-Innovation with customers in Artificial Intelligence, IoT, AR VR based technologies
- Harness the power of Metaverse to build innovative solutions that can have a positive impact on the society
- Sustainable and equitable growth by being mindful of the interests of all stakeholders
Transforming global MNCs
- Robotic service orchestration for better human-machine collaboration for a Japanese megabank.
- Platform related, owned best practices for multiple leading global telecom providers
- Artificial intelligence-at-edge to detect faulty equipment assembly for US based medical equipment manufacturer
- Business model transformation with predictive maintenance for global industrial manufacturer
- Business-driven automation strategy and Centre of Excellence for a Canadian energy company
- Enabling design-led data visualisation for efficiency and predictive actions for a US financial services entity
- Digital experience and data insights enabling better business performance for global publishing company
- Creating a multi-year digital roadmap for the aftermarket business for an American auto enterprise
- Building the world’s first E2E network on cloud for Japanese conglomerate who ventured into CSP business
- Digital platform with own IP plus business services led to improved medication adherence of +50% for a European pharma major
Global challenges around 5G
- 5G device and accessibility for both receiver and sender
- Accessibility of remote locations
- Energy efficiency, which normally improves with new generation innovations
- Government regulations needing constant refresh
- Keeping up with rapid pace of transformational technologies
- 2021 was the year of digitalisation and 2022 will be the year of recalibrating talent.
- Tech Mahindra has put learnings to use by building digital transformation services that impact every touchpoint.
- The learning practices enable resources to be fit by transforming into next generation of business ready associates.
- NAD-Learn fuels the software delivery conveyor with platforms for planning, contextual right skilling, design thinking.
- Tech Mahindra recently built one of the world’s first 5G end-to-end cloud native platform for a tier-1 carrier in Japan.
- A major chunk of contract signings is around either integrating or enabling 5G.
- Scaled adoption of cloud and driving intelligence into the network systems via analytics and artificial intelligence is part of 5G contracts.
- While digital transformation will not happen overnight, yet adoption of 5G will fast track transformation in cellular communication.
- Given the sheer size, scale, scope of the opportunity that 5G will unlock, it is critical to join hands.
- Tech Mahindra’s endeavour is to help customers gear up to this era of augmented intelligence.
The world is moving towards a human-centred partnership model with artificial intelligence, to enhance cognitive performance.